cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connection

N/A

Remote connection

At present over my LAN i remote desktop into some PC using Remote desktop...

But i am going abroad soon. And i wish to remote desktop to my PC using same method and access my start menu same as if im remote connecting over lan but this time not over LAN but from outside.

Is that possible and if yes what do i need setting up and softwares....

Also say i go to a cyber cafe and they have 56kbps. Can i remote desktop to my PC and also use my current 2mb connection or would it be 56 as its 56 on the pc.

I heard it is possible to steal bandwith like this?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Remote connection

YES control over the internet is possible ... but .. rather than try to give you specic answer ... you need to decide what you want access to on your home pc. ..

if it is just access to certain private files .. place (upload) them on a secure server

also if the system crashes is there some one available to physically restart it ?

access from internet cafe? ... all systems keep some information after disconnection ... .... the more remote access control you want the more you have to think about security ..

most secure remote access programs will require the software in both host (system at home) .. and the client (system you will physically be on)

speed Huh the speed will be that of the slowest in the link
N/A

Remote connection

The best bit about this system is once you have connected to your pc say from a cafe you can then browse the net on your home pc at broadband speeds even is you are on a 56k modem. RD only takes about 13k of traffic so it real does work good.

If you have a router you will need to forward the ports to the pc and you will need a perminat ip for it to work. You can also print out at home
N/A

Remote connection

You might like to consider using UltraVNC. You could then use a web browser on any operating system supporting Java to connect to your PC.

Tim