cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Account Access

N/A

Remote Account Access

Evening all,

I have an ADSL account, but I'm now 350 miles from home. So I am using the 0845 local dial up number to access the Plus ISP. However when I connect the ADSL stops at home? Any reasons? Can't you access the Plus account on DSL and dialup at the same time?

I have another local ISP account but the POP3 account doesn't allow for sending of emails, which is fair enough as I understand it is be an anti-spam/user accountability issue.

Any advice

Cheers
3 REPLIES
N/A

Remote Account Access

Your are quite correct in this, though there is a simpler exaplanation for it.

When you connect via dialup, you are assigned the your static IP from the DSL account. This has the side effect of the DSL no longer operating for the call, or possibly both.

The best thing you can do, is signup for a free PAYG account, just for the purpose of being away. That way you have access to the PlusNet servers in 100% the same way as with the DSL line, or dialup using your DSL user details.
N/A

ok, here we go

I have created fores2, which I can access a further created mail box, via outlook express.

However I have set the outgoing server as relay.plus.net with a account name of fores2+rjm (and password) and it keep refuses and just asks for the password a again

Thks
N/A

Remote Account Access

You may have to wait for some time, whilst the mail server syncs the userfiles with the account databases.