cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration error 479

kissack
Grafter

Registration error 479

I have had a look at other threads and have my X-lite set as per +Net instructions (but also tried stun.counterpath.net instead of stun.xten.net.) But still get the above error. Tesco phone works out of the box so why not X-lite/+Net?

I am behind ipcop firewall, but this causes no problems on any other client initated traffic

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?
10 REPLIES
kissack
Grafter

Registration error 479

Just downloaded and tried Skype. This worked first time. Doesnt exactly inspire confidence in +Net's offering!

However I am willing to try a little longer if anyone can give any pointers
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Registration error 479

Hi Allan,

The settings on the help pages appear to be innacurate. I have had a word with our content team to get them changed.

Try these (use the third screengrab instead of the second if you need to use a STUN server).

If you still have problems, raise a ticket and we'll try and replicate the issue.

*Edited to correct 2nd screengrab

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

stswithins
Dabbler

Registration error 479

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post - I have just loaded Xlite V3.0 and got the 479 error. I've tried your changes but they don't seem to make any difference. The third screen shot appears to be the same as the one in the PN setup guide. BTW I use skype without any issues as well.

Suspect I have to hack around with my firewalls I use Norton internet security and there's one built into the ADSL modem/router. Will let you all know if I am successful.

For reference I note that error 479 is not mentioned in the PN troubleshooting guide at all and Xten don't have any troubleshooting on their website at all which is bad to say the least. However they do have a forum where I found this published last week:

http://support.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=7415&sid=3c67141c596443da319d371a68d17bee

Which basically seems to say don't use PN with Xlite V3 and a firewall!
stswithins
Dabbler

Registration error 479

OK I've got it working thanks to Holemd:

Settings: 

Display name : Joe Bloggs
username: plustalk
password: ********
auth username: plustalk
domain: joebloggs.plus.com

check the "Register with domain", select 'proxy', and put 'sip.plus.net' in the box.

Topology tab:
discover global ip address
stun: use specified server: stun.counterpath.net

NO changes to the firewalls.

See the whole thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43778&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

But I can't say the service is brill on the few calls I've made!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Registration error 479

For reference I note that error 479 is not mentioned in the PN troubleshooting guide at all and Xten don't have any troubleshooting on their website at all which is bad to say the least. However they do have a forum where I found this published last week:

http://support.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=7415&sid=3c67141c596443da319d371a68d17bee

Which basically seems to say don't use PN with Xlite V3 and a firewall!

The solution to that particualar problem is to select the 'Use local IP address' setting on the Topology tab.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Registration error 479

OK I've got it working thanks to Holemd:

I can login to your account using the settings I provided. I'm behind a NAT router with it's firewall enabled and am running Zone Alarm aswell.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

stswithins
Dabbler

Registration error 479

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the support - its strange because I had use local IP set and it didn't connect so changed to discover global address and it started to work. But after your post I have changed back to local and it works OK as well.

Could it be one of those issues where changes take a time to work as I can only think the stun.counterpath.net server name is the key? The other thing I wondered about was whether username should be plustalk or the account number.

Anyway good luck and thanks.

Roger
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Registration error 479

The other thing I wondered about was whether username should be plustalk or the account number.

Hi,

Using plustalk as the username tends to work if you then have username.plus.com as the domain. Having said that, I find this method to be very problematic and calls (notably SIP > SIP) tend to be troublesome when setting up like this.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

sloany
Grafter

Registration error 479

I have had exactly the same problem as above.
(continually getting error 479)
i changed the stun server to stun.counterpath.net and still getting the 479 error.
I then changed the IP address to discover global address and it works fine.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
kissack
Grafter

Registration error 479

Hi Allan,

The settings on the help pages appear to be innacurate. I have had a word with our content team to get them changed.

Try these (use the third screengrab instead of the second if you need to use a STUN server).

If you still have problems, raise a ticket and we'll try and replicate the issue.

Kind Regards,

Hi Bob,

Still no luck here. I tried X-lite 2 and that has a NAT Firewall IP setting that when set allows connection. But with 3, I tried your settings and still no joy