cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Error: 408 - Request Timeout..........help!!!!!

N/A

I keep getting this error when trying to connect to PlusTalk, which is annoying the hell out of me.

I have tried both the setups shown and get the same result both times, I need some help with this A.S.A.P. before I end up losing my lo-call number.

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Bryan
6 REPLIES
N/A

Some details would help.

For example, are you using a VoIP router or X-Lite to connect?

If X-Lite which version are you using?

If a VoIP router what make and model?
Stennings

I'm getting the same error using X-Lite 3.0 and a non-VOIP router. I had previously used X-lite 2.0 which worked OK. I've opened the specified ports on the router, but I'm now at a loss on what to do next.
Any advice would be appreciated

Regards
N/A

I too used X-Lite 2 without a problem and then got this message with X-Lite 3.

I found part of the answer in this topic and the post by holemd: https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43778
I had to use plustalk as the username and as the auth username in the account settings whereas for version 2 I had used my sip id.

This still did not cure my problem because my router takes care of IP assignment and the DNS server addresses I do not have them on my PC. Putting the DNS numbers in TCP/IP settings on my computer cured it.

Hope this helps you too.
Stennings

Changing the DNS worked fine, does anyone know if changing the DNS entry to use the Plusnet servers have any implications - other than getting X-lite 3.0 to work?
N/A

Cheers for the link bart0n, changed things as it said in there and now I am connected with no probs so far.

Nice one mate Cheesy
The_10th
Grafter

Getting 408 error now but working yesterday ok. Must be fault at Plusnet end so logged a fault online.