cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering a domain name

Community Veteran

I'd like some advice please.
I'd like to register a couple of domain names, probably .net or .org, for a possible future (small) project ... likely to be very simple website and a couple of email addresses. I realise I can register elsewhere but use PN (or whoever) for hosting.
There are clearly plenty of cheap registrars such as 123-reg, 1&1, UKReg and others mentioned in threads here, but the question is "which one?"
What are the issues I need to think about? Are there any to avoid ? (PM me if answers to the latter might be libellous!) Is it safe simply to go with the cheapest?
tia
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

For just straight domain registration 1and1 and 123reg from your list and perfectly fine and at the cheaper end, which in itself is not a problem.

I just prefer to use 1and1 because I have never had a problem with them and they do give you control over your domains which some of the others don't allow.

As for the issues, it really depends on what control you want over it. If it's easy domain control i.e. moving it to another registration company or changing the hosting then any of the ones listed allow you to do this without hacing to contact support.