cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation

N/A

Recommendation

Ok, Plusnet used to be fantastic, indeed I've been with them for many years and have a number of lines. Now I can't even get a response to a support email.

They seem to have problems routing traffic between head-end pipes, and whereas I could live with it while they fix it, if I knew what the problems were and the fix-timescales, I can't live with not knowing.

Can anyone recommend me a good alternative please ?
8 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

Recommendation

This isn't the place to discuss this. Try http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ instead
N/A

Wow!

A 2 minute reponse! If you were working on the helpdesk, I wouldn't need to ask the question!

I'm asking here because there are obviously a lot of people doing research with regards to who else to use.

I have a lot of lines and moving is going to be a real pain, I only want to do this once and it would be useful to see where other people are moving to.

Alternatively, you could answer your support emails !!!
Community Veteran

Recommendation

Topic moved to VOIP and Everything Internet.

However as firejack has said the best place to disscuss alternative providers is ADSL Guide.

Also could you please note that only those displaying the plusnet staff rank or plusnet comms team rank and plusnet logo work for plusnet the rest of us are just customers and do not have access to your account to reply to tickets.
N/A

Re; Support

Well, I would have thought that "Community Support" was THE place to post the question.

So I guess this is where unpopular threads come to die eh ?!
Firejack
Grafter

Re: Wow!

A 2 minute reponse! If you were working on the helpdesk, I wouldn't need to ask the question!...
I'm looking for a new job if they want to make me an offer Wink

Don't think this thread was moved here to die. ~10 active threads in this section within the last week. I'm sure the mods are just trying to keep the place in order. I know this is a daily battle on the forums I run.

As for changing supplier. Yes that is a bit of a hot topic right now. But I definately feel you will have a better response on ADSL guides site. For those of us staying with Plus.net (majority of the visitors on these forums) we haven't been researching the subject so won't have anything to offer.
N/A

Recommendation

Mmm, majority eh?!

Well Plusnet's service is generally fantastic so of course I've not been looking .. (ROFL)

I've been looking at these guys;

http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-officemax.php
N/A

No more ...

Following all the problems, Evil I've had these guys recommended to me ;

http://www.idcnet.net/

:lol:
N/A

Exit ..

Be nice if they just fixed the problems and responded to support queries instead of putting people in a position where they felt they had to move. Not least as moving can often cost time and money.

If the problems were caused by BT or perhaps a meteor shower I would have some sympathy.

However, failing to answer an email within a few hours takes some explaining, and from reading posts many problems either seem to be associated with over-selling, or trying to get a cheap deal by selling someone else's LLU.

Pretty poor show Plusnet!
How about we extract a few fingers from a few holes?