cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving e-mails for the whole domain.

seanparsons

Is it possible to have all the e-mails sent to my PlusNet domain go through to my mailbox regardless of whether or not I have set up a mailbox for that case?

So for example I currently have myname@myname.plus.net, but I want to be able to use different e-mail addresses for the various things I sign up for so that I can exclude them if I start getting spam to them.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes its a catch all address, so anything before the @ sign will go through to you (unless you setup a specific mailbox or redirect).

Chris
N/A

The easiest thing to do would be to use email redirects. To set these up you need to go here and click "Configure Mailboxes". You then need to scroll down and hit "Add Redirect". The first address is the new alias you want to use (i.e. entering 'contact' would result in 'contact@username.plus.com') and in the second enter where you want this email to go (your existing mailbox - I.E. 'yourname@username.plus.com').

For example I have a redirect called "usenet" which redirects to myname@username.plus.com. If I start receiving spam on this address I can merely change the redirect to point to the spam hole.

Moderatorsnote by John (johnessex) url fixed for you
seanparsons

It works, sweet.

Yes its a catch all address, so anything before the @ sign will go through to you (unless you setup a specific mailbox or redirect).

Chris

Cheers,

I just tested it and it works the way you described.

Sean.