cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Q: Password + POP

MysteryFCM
Grafter

Okies, first of all, with respect to the password. I usually use 16+ char (alphacharnumeric obviously) passwords for virtually everything I have to login to, but PlusNet doesn't seem to allow long passwords.....

Any chance PlusNet will modify this to allow any length passwords over 6 char's?

Second Q: I use OE to check my mail, and although I rarely, if ever, use my PlusNet mail account, it does seem to timeout alot when it's checking it?. I would normally just disable it so it's not checked, but this is the only account I receive mail from PlusNet on, so disabling it isn't an option. Suggestions/ideas anyone please?

Oks, I'll quit whining now and go back to work Wink
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

My password is more than 6 but I don't know what the limit is. It is all lowercase if that's something your were not aware of.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Unfortunately yes.... lowercase only is a problem aswell Sad

As for the limit, I was only allowed upto 8 char's when I tried changing mine Sad

Moderators note (John) Quote removed as an unnecessary full copy of the previous post.
Also topic moved to a more appropriate part of the forums
N/A

Pedantic Mode: On

peters password is more than 6 chars, and all lowercase
mysterycfm couldnt put one in over 8 chars.

kind of narrows the possibilities on that dictionary attack..... :-D

Pedantic mode: off

just kidding.
N/A

nashs,

what is to stop you using numbers or symbols in your passwords, this is what I do. In addition when you spell words, replace certain letters with others.

Aaron
N/A

I agree. I wasnt having a gripe at password creation more than just noticing how a couple of seemingly innocuous comments in a newsgroup can potentially give you quite a lot of information about passwords!!
Stu