cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about SMTP servers

N/A

ok..i own prcentral.co.uk and i have added a DNS record of home.prcentral.co.uk which points to me...

1st..if i was to send an email to "blah@home.prcentral.co.uk" from hotmail...what port should i listen on, on my computer..

2nd..in the domain names theres an option of POP3, does this apply to just prcentral.co.uk or does it apply to that and ALL sub domains..what i want is my normal Plusnet Mailboxes (admin@prcentral.co.uk, di@prcentral.co.uk)
to still go to my ritamott.plus.com mailboxes (admin@ritamott.plus.com, di@ritamott.plus.com) however, i also want to setup a SMALL email service so the addresses are "something@home.prcentral.co.uk" is this possible...?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Questions about SMTP servers

... i have added a DNS record of home.prcentral.co.uk which points to me...1st..if i was to send an email to "blah@home.prcentral.co.uk" from hotmail...what port should i listen on, on my computer..
Port 25
2nd..in the domain names theres an option of POP3, does this apply to just prcentral.co.uk
I believe so.

I doesn't seem too easy to set up MX records for the sub domain, see here, however in the absence of MX records the mail will be sent to the A record which you seem to have set up already. So what you have done should work, I think.
N/A

Its ok...lol i was using the right port..and my DNS's where ok... Shockedops: i forgot to set the port forward on my router... lol

sorry to have bothered you...my STMP Deamon is coming along great...now all i got to do is make the web based interface :roll: