cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Frontpage!

N/A

Publishing Frontpage!

I am becoming twitchy about gaining access to, and setting up, my Front Page web and getting my FTP web-space to point to my .co.uk domain. Finding one’s way around this jungle is a bit difficult when you’ve left your ball of string at home! Uploading the Moonphase index.htm file was a cinch. Gaining access to the fp.webspace seems impossible. The problems are not helped when Plusnet support points initially to “microsoft.com/office/support/default.htm” which produces the dreaded “web page not available” notice. The most recent replacement for this “office.microsoft.com/frontpage/” is a little better but the only uploading knowledge base article specific to FP2002 is 299763 that does not appear to be applicable to my system. In know that my webspace is available because I can get a response if I type in the URL in my IE address bar. But I can’t access it from Front Page which is what I want to do in order to publish the web. FP will locate the server but then presents me with a security window that asks for my username, I assume the ADSL one, and my password. Either one or the other is rejected. I have uninstalled and re-installed Front Page and changed my password but still no joy. Can anyone help please before I have to resort to the cyanide pill?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Publishing Frontpage!

Your problem appears to be a login problem to the frontpage server.
How long ago did you activate FP extensions?? Have you had the email from PlusNet confirming that your FP service has been set up ??
I doubt you have, as the email does tell you that the login details are your username and DSL password and you have asked that question here.
It can take up to 4 days for it to be set up. The space may have been set up but the password server may not have been yet.
N/A

Publishing Frontpage

Thanks for the response. I agree that the problem seems to be with the login to the fp server. And certainly the error message on failure to login is the one the Front Page gives when FP Server Extensions have not been enabled. However, my FP webspace was activated on 9 October and ADSL went active on 17 December. It is a mystery that I hope the support guys can shed some light on but it seems to be taking a long time.
N/A

Publishing Frontpage!

Well, it's certainly been long enough to be activated. Since October is a little longer than 4 days.
I would disable it, wait a few days and re-enable it. This seems to work better than trying to get the problem sorted by other routes.
N/A

Publishing Frontpage!

Thanks again for that. Seems a good idea to de-activate for a while - it could hardly make the situation any worse. I shall do it forthwith and try again tomorrow. Watch this space!
N/A

Publishing Frontpage!

Another forum contributor suggested, apropos another problem, that perhaps there might be some corruption of one or more of the .dll files used by my browser, Internet Explorer v6. Having installed Mozilla 1.6 on recommendation I can now view my webspace both with Mozilla, and IE which had previously indicated that the webspace did not exist. Things are looking up. My index page in the FTP webspace is pretty slow to download though so I'll keep the FP webspace de-activated until PlusNet complete the upgrading of their server storage capacity later this week.