cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2003

Midville
Grafter

Publisher 2003

I want to try and start a webpage/site..... I havent really done this sort of thing before and I have got Office 2003. Is Publisher a good place to start and is it quite straightforward? Dont really want to buy any expensive software until I have mastered my first site or three.

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Publisher 2003

Hi Jason,

Havent used Publisher to create a web page for ages, but I used to like it and it was easy enough to use.

Some of the other guys will probably advise somthing else, but for your first attempt, it has to be worth a try.
Midville
Grafter

Publisher 2003

Thats what I was thinking Mark, I have got so therefore its worth giving it a go. Any hints or tips or more comments will be gladly welcomed.
N/A

Publisher 2003

If you have office 2003 use front page it is a good program and easy to use. I find this site very usefull for how to do things.
Community Veteran

Publisher 2003

I used Publisher when I first started creating the www.hmrg.co.uk site and it was quite straight forward for up to a few pages.
Once your site starts to grow though it becomes difficult to manage with Publisher and simple changes mean a complete re-compiling of a page.

However it is a good place to start and you can produce some nice looking pages with it.
Midville
Grafter

Publisher 2003

Thanks to all, once I have given it a go I will post a link so you can have a giggle or three Smiley .......timescale unkown
N/A

Publisher 2003

Look forward to seeing it Jason.

Have fun. Smiley
channel
Grafter

Publisher 2003

I have also used Publisher in the past, but found it creates very bloated code for webpages.

Better, I think, is to get a free copy of what used to be called Netscape Composer within the Netscape Communicator package... these days you can get it from the mozilla site.

It is very similar in structure to publisher as far as creating webpages go and it's free. It's a useful tool to learn on because you create a page under WYSIWYG conditions and then can inspect the code to see how it's done.
Community Veteran

Publisher 2003

I also used Publisher a long time ago and found the same problems as channel with regards to the coding.

I then went on to use FrontPage Express which was pretty good and then proper full version Frontpage before moving on again.

I dont think they make FP Express anymore but Im sure they do another equivilent free program specific for publishing? The good thing about Frontpage is its pretty easy to use for a newbie but will last you some time as you get involved in more advanced stuff in the future.

Chris