cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Outlook Express

N/A

I have set up Outlook express using the information given on your Customer Support page.
Unfortunately i am now able to receive emails in Outlook Express but unable to send any!
I can however send Emails using my Plus Net account.
I also have some problems with my Plus Net emails, there i can receive emails, however i am unable to to open any attachments.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What outgoing SMTP server have you set in Outlook Express. This must be relay.plus.net if you are connected via PlusNets ADSL or dialup service.

If you have that set already, what error message are you getting when you try and send - please post it in full.

For the attachment issue, are you using OE6? If so, opening certain attachments is disabled by default.

In OE select tools->options->security tab and untick 'do not allow attachment to be saved or opened' and then click apply.
N/A

Outlook Express is set as it should be and the error number i am getting is 0x800CC0B
N/A

i had a problem with authentication through firebird so it may be the same kind of thing. make sure you are not using a password for the relay.plus.net smtp server.. no idea where that option is in OE though cos its so bad i gave up using it a long time ago
Community Veteran

Have you tried re-entering all details again. Sometimes when a failure occurs OE will corrupt the account settings.

0x800CC0B means the SMTP server is busy, why this is I don't know so if it keeps happening raise a ticket and get support to check.

One final thing, try disabling any firewall and anti-virus scanner as they may be blocking your connection.