cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with accessing my site's webmail

N/A

Hi,

I have a domain with Netpivotal. I cant access my webmail account at all from their page or via POP3 Thunderbird.

They have ran all sorts of tests and they asked me to contact the ISP to see if there is a problem. They have no problem on their end and can access the account.

I used Firefox and IE. Firefox cant find the webmail domain, and I get a DNS error with IE.

Anyone else had this kind of problem? Should I raise a ticket with Plusnet?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Some ISP wont let you get mail/send mail unless you are logged on with there ip could this be the case? If you logon from another account can you get it?

If you are getting a DNS error and cant find server error then their server isnt showing up in DNS and again you may need to logon to their server which will then have their dns servers which will know the right address.

Ring them or logon via there network and ask them for the ip address of their mail server or if you are logged onto their server ping servername and it should show you the IP.

When you log on via Plus net use the ip not the name or add the servers to your host file
N/A

This problem only started at the weekend. Netpivotal are not an ISP, and they dont have a telephone dial up number for net access.

I think I will contact Plusnet support...