cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to remove email footer?

N/A

Not sure if this is possible, but does anyone know if you can remove the email footer "This email has been verified as Virus free Virus Protection and more available at http://www.plus.net" that PlusNet put at the end of each email?

Just seen it was added when I send an email from my own domain name and kind of made it look "pants".

Thanks
Scott
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I think it only gets added to Incoming mail so mail you send out wont have it on.
The only other option I can think of is to disable the virus checking altogether if you dont want to see it on your incoming mail.
Community Veteran

An idea has already been raised to have the email footer made optional here but it was rejected by PlusNet.

It is only added to incoming emails, not outgoing. If you sent email to yourself it was added when it arrived, not when it was sent. If you reply to an email wit the footer you need to remember to remove it before sending the reply.
N/A

Thanks, that answered my question. The test was to myself so hence the reason I got the incoming footer attached which I mistook for outgoing.

Scott