cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plustnet Spam Filtering...

N/A

Just paid up for and activated to high level the spam filtering service

No change in the ammount of spam coming thru - probably a dozen or more messages today alone :O

Does it take a while to be activated - or is it a problem that my email goes to something@douglasellison.co.uk which is forwarded to djellison@djellison.plus.com ?

Regards

Doug
4 REPLIES
N/A

The amount of spam will stay the same but the subject prepended with [SPAM]
N/A

It's not getting flagged at all Sad

Thismorning

27 Spam emails. 7 were flagged !!!

I think I'll cancel it

Doug
N/A

My friend Dennis at the University is playing around with labelling SPAM, he thinks he is probably using the same software as Rob, and I get 20+ SPAM messages forwarded every day and Dennis is spotting a good 3/4 of them using keyword searches etc. Unfortunately they are only labelled because there is the risk of something genuine getting deleted.

I use a special email address on public display at my website which the spam robots pick up, so I divert these messages to a Webmail account. A couple of times a day I do a mass deletion. When google picks up my +net website I can expect a doubling of SPAM which will be a great nuisance. The robots are buzzing around this month and I should get registered everywhere soon.
N/A

No easy answer to spam as even the best anti-spam engines still can miss it. I use Spam Assassin on my mail server and it works pretty well but it's not perfect. I wonder if the new laws etc will make any difference, ever :?