cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plustalk still intermitent?

N/A

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with plustalk? I get a dial tone, dial the number and then..... absolute and total silence :roll: . I know everything is set up okay. This problem is intermitent sometimes okay sometimes not (usually more not okay than okay). I have an outstanding ticket on this but no one from customer support has bothered to answer.

No wonder you get so many free minutes. You can't use them :twisted: .

John
16 REPLIES
10crawford
Grafter

I don't think many of us use plustalk given the many recent problems and lack of posts here.

I am/have experienced the same as you John. If you offer a phone service is has to be far more resilient than is currently the case. I was thinking of buying a wireless phone to use the plustalk service but given the length of time the service is unusable I think I'll stick to landlines/mobile.

I have suggested on the tickets that as I appear to be one user who reports plustalk problems many hours prior to status updates it may make sense for me to be able to let those who are responsible for plustalk know immediately rather than have the delay on the tickets. At the end of the day I had hoped that Plusnet would want to acknowledge and resolve Plustalk problems very quickly. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.

Paul
thehatman
Grafter

For me it only works sometimes. Plusnet tell me to check settings and so on but the settings are fine. I know this because it will work again with no change at my end. Then another day it doesn't work again.

Plustalk is unreliable.
N/A

Hey Plusnet, seem to be at least a couple of people here who are having problems with plustalk due to no fault of their own. My own ticket on this has now been with you 4 days without a reply. So what's wrong and what are you going to do about it? Also why does the status page still show green when this obviosly isn't the case?

John
thehatman
Grafter

I am trying now and I get "the person you are calling is unavailable" even when I call my own house phone that I'm sitting looking at.

I agree with the last poster.

PlusTalk should have a amber mark in the service status and Plusnet should fix it or dump it.

I am on a low income and wish to use the free minutes as part of my Plusnet subscription.

I am unable to.

Sad
Community Veteran

many postings have been made re:plustalk in the last few weeks PN have not really made much of an input regarding it. They have eventually raised status messages hours after the first forums post but then quicky posted resolved notices without the problems actually being resolved.

I bought a decnet mic. etc. to use the service but it was a waste of money as it's so unreliable, plustalk that is not the mic :-)

A
thehatman
Grafter

They told me today via a ticket that there IS an ongoing problem and to refer to "service status". There is nothing on service status about it except previous entries that are said to be resolved.

Sad
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Guys, I'm arranging for one of my QA guys to pick this up next week. We'll get a week of stability testing on it to see if we can see what the issues are.
10crawford
Grafter

At least some response from plusnet.

Unlike the usenet service I don't think they can get away with plustalk not being a core service.

I am going to reply to the latest reply to my ticket asking them to refund the phone calls I had to make using my landline because plustalk was not working.
N/A

Wow, has someone done something to PlusTalk? It's been faulty since early September but the connected light has just come on, on my VoIP adapter... :shock:
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

I can't see anything has changed! Certainly no one has been called out for work on it. Like I said before, I'll be getting QA to do some performance testing next week.
N/A

Well it's truely amazing. If it remains on, and doesn't fail again after a few hours/days I might actually be able to close a ticket relating to an ongoing issue which I've had for the past 12 months (yes you did read that right - 12 months on Tuesday!)

Sadly though, if nothing has been changed at PN's end, then it doesn't explain why it's suddenly started working (nothing at all has changed here, on either router or VoIP adapter) and it doesn't prevent it breaking again...
Ianwild
Grafter

Nobody in the networks team has made us aware of any changes either before or during the weekend to PlusTalk, so I'm afraid this does look like it fixed itself, and you are right to suspect that this means it could easily break again.

I personally use PlusTalk at home, and would agree that it isn't the most stable of platforms at times, although I seem to dinf it less problematic than many... We are expecting to have a clear plan from networks about their strategy for the Voip platform shortly (after the Usenet plan is announced), so we can at least be clear about what we are doing to resolve the stability issues.

There is never an excuse for me or my team not updating SS in relation to any service when there is an active problem - Do people think there should be a message there now?

Ian
thehatman
Grafter

Yes, until the problem is no longer intermittent or present at all.
N/A

Moved to the VOIP board.