cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Website builder

N/A

Plusnet Website builder

Sorry if this has been asked before, or is posted in the wrong forum ....

Is there a limit to the length of a URL link that can be added ? I've not had probs before, but now have a rather long link and whilst it inserts ok, after saving the page, I find it has been shortened, resulting in the link on my site going to the wrong place Cry

If there is a limit, is there a way around this prob (I've tried image and text links) ?

t i a
7 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet Website builder

Don't know for certain, but if you are using the "Text Link" option from the drop-down menu, it wouldn't surprise me. The Website Builder is great for getting you going - I'd never have got started without it - but it does have its limitations.

Have you tried just putting it in as plain text with the necessary tags?
If you're like I was when I started, and don't know HTML at all .....

Let's say that you want the words on the page to say Fred's Bingo Hall and the actual link is to http://www.fredsbingohall.co.uk.
Type it in the ordinary text box on the Website Builder as <A HREF="http://www.fredsbingohall.co.uk">Fred's Bingo Hall</A> and it will come out as intended.
If you want it in bold, put <B> to start with and </B> at the end.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
Not sure how the above shows up for you, but as it may not be obvious because of the line breaking, there is a space between
<A and HREF=(etc.)
N/A

Plusnet Website builder

Thanks Gordon - that worked a treat Cheesy
tiddles
Grafter

web site building

I am a new user and have started to build a web-site, so I will probably be posting questions here!
Community Veteran

Plusnet Website builder

Well this is the very forum to ask them so if and when you get stuck just post here and you will find many people willing to try and help you.

This really is a great community here on these forums. Cheesy
tiddles
Grafter

Plusnet Website builder

Do I have to stick with the templates provided in web builder - how do I change my present one if I don't like it.

Can I upload an avatar from my pictures?
Community Veteran

Plusnet Website builder

If you want to get away from using the website builder provided and its limitations then you really nead to use some software designed for the job.
There are several packages available but they come at a price and do present the novice user with some steep learning curves.
You can though use software such as Microsoft Word providing it was installed with the HTML editing option or even better is Microsoft Publisher which allows you to do your own thing.

Putting an Avatar on your posts here is easy and you can use one from your own site. Just make sure that it is within the forum limits of 80 x 80 pixels and has a file size less than 10k.
You use the "Profile" option above and insert the url link to your image
eg http://www.username.plus.com/mypicture.jpg

Hope this helps you
tiddles
Grafter

Plusnet Website builder

john

vmt!