cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk too unreliable - customer service awful

N/A

Is my experience typical? 1 July, registered for PlusTalk. Coughed up £20 for calling credit as I want to call overseas/mobile. Purchased and configured Speedtouch 716. When calling out either, LOOONNNGG wait before ringing (30sec to one minute) or else times out to a series of rapid beeps. Usually give up and use BT line. 4 July, decide to call in to customer service. On hold for 1hour and 15 minutes. Told that telephone support is NOT provided for VOIP - person who answered call didn't care that I had paid for a service which was little short of unusable. Eventually worked out how to raise a question online - but no useful reply so far today. If VOIP service is typically this unreliable I would like to know now! PlusNet customer service seems to have gone down the toilet, as far as I can make out.
12 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

Initially I had poor sounds quality when using the older software - however now I am using X-lite version 3 build 29712 it works well.The odd time it doesn't connect- then a few seconds later it works. I have had no major problems at all - personally I think its a good service.
N/A

I'm brassed off too. I've got 240 minutes as part of Premier, but I can't use them. A month ago, Support admitted they couln't make calls on my logon either, and said they'd escalate the ticket to their network team. Since then, I've plopped two messages after theirs to remind them I still exist, but neither of them got responded to. I'd have thought their system would flag up long-standing unsolved queries, or customer input that had gone unreplied to, but it doesn't look as though it does.

They keep mailing me to offer to switch my main landline phone service to them. Er, I don't think so....
N/A

I totally agree!! we have been looking into PlusTalk but currently our broadband is only 2MB when it is supposed to be 8 so we have been trying to fix that first. So far it has taken over 3 weeks and plus net just keep blaming BT and fobing us off.

It is almost impossible to talk to a human being and took me around 50 minutes to get through to a sales advisor to ask them how they hoped to sell a phone service that provided no telephone support! and was told to register my thoughts via email from Myaccount!! This is fine whilst everything is working but if broadband and the phone go down what are you supposed to do? go to an internet cafe or sit on hold on your mobile racking up a huge bill? It is utterly ridiculous!

BT have nothing to fear from PlusTalk unless they sort themselves out PDQ!
N/A

Update

Well, it's now been nearly 48 hours since I reported this issue, and 24 hours since I raised a ticket requesting my MAC code, and a refund of the money I paid for this so far unusable, unsupported service.

So far, no response to either ticket.

So I tried to phone customer services. After going through the options, I was cut off.

What am I supposed to do?
N/A

update

still no response to either of my tickets, and I've been on hold for customer services 67 minutes and counting. I can't believe how bad things have got!
N/A

I'll try and give fair minded updates. Just got answered after 71 minutes of music. Pleasant chap says he will sort my MAC code out and refund my unused credit. It's a pity I didn't speak to him last time - they might still have a customer!
N/A

my joy was shortlived - after i came off the phone my ticket was updated to say i now can't have the refund or the mac code. You really are a bad joke
N/A

Happy ending

Jonathan telephoned me from PlusNet tonight. He had seen my story in the forums and I'm pleased to tell you he has agreed to refund my PlusTalk credit and I have agreed to give PlusNet another chance.

Many thanks Jonathan
N/A

Maybe he'll do something about the rest of us on this thread too, but I'd rather he just used the Plusnet ticketing system, it's what it's for ;-)
N/A

Business account

I am unable to call outside the uk
I raised a ticket in jan YES JANUARY all i get is it has been ascalated.

All I want to do is talk to a clever person at p/n

0845 might be local rate but after weeks of getting cut off and hours on hold I dont know what to do.
N/A

Plus Talk has always been a joke I never had call quality like i had with skype. I cancelled it and got charged for it 2 months running. so I am migrating to aol who do provide a proper unlimited telephone service that is genuinely unlimited. I want broadband without having to have a phone line but that is a pipedream - perhaps plus net can be pioneers and get customers that r leaving want to return? Fat chance!
N/A

The service seems utterly unfit for purpose to me. I'd raise a ticket, but it seems like an uphill struggle to get any support off plus net these days, so I'm reduced to simply giving up on plus talk.