Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk reliability

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusTalk reliability

With so many strings in both the User Group and the PlusNet Forum and delays in the Ticket System, it is becoming difficult to know where to report problems!

I have been wrestling with PlusTalk for some time.....using home 'phones and an ATA 1100 'phone adapter.

Sometimes I get a quick connection, however, usually the dialling tone is followed by a long silence ending in perhaps an engaged tone.

The lack of reliability in the service renders it useless.

Why is the status light for PlusTalk always green?

Does PlusTalk work reliably for anyone?

Do PlusNet directors, managers and staff use the service?

Regards.......Noel
10 REPLIES
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

The status for PlusTalk is actually yellow but it should be red. In it's present state it should be scrapped. It is totally unreliable.
It worked for a while last week and then stopped working again. Status report only refers to incoming calls and makes no reference to the fact that people cannot make out-going calls.
I raised a ticket but so far I've had no reply.
fotobits
Rising Star

PlusTalk reliability

Following an optimistic posting I submitted to another string implying problems with PlusTalk were clearing, I haven't been able to obtain a connection at all....including to the echo-test!

I looked at Voipfone this morning and like what I saw....UK calls 1.1p inc vat and charged per second, help in setting up common adapters, including my ATA 1100!

My e-mails out are still not 100% reliable, so I'm wonderirng how much longer I should remain calm.....and a PlusNet user!

What do others think?

Any opinions on alternatives?
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

Status report only refers to incoming calls and makes no reference to the fact that people cannot make out-going calls.
I raised a ticket but so far I've had no reply.

Hi,

We think we have resolved the issue with outbound calls intermittently failing. The problem was caused by one database in the system operating erroniously. This has now been removed and the testing done indicates its done the job.

If you continue to have problems with outbound to pstn calls please let us know.
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

Outbound calls are still not working for me both with X-lite and ATA-phone connection.
Call times out. With X-lite, voice message tells me the recipient is not available but since this is my own phone I know this is not true.
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

Same here with me. A couple of days ago I could make calls unfortunately I could not hear the called person. Skype and Sipgate works fine.
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

I have rebooted my Netgear DG834GT and HandyTone 486 and I can now make outbound calls !!! I hope this lasts.
fotobits
Rising Star

PlusTalk reliability

Thanks for the info, plusnetmike, I managed a outgoing call this evening.......it lasted 1m 45secs before it disconnected!

Unfortunately, I have £14.48 credit with PlusTalk, I'm just hoping your engineer will hit the wrong thing with his spanner and it'll start working!

.....my joking attitude does not reflect my real feelings!

I think that PlusNet should return the cash they have been paid by their users and switch off PlusTalk until it's been properly tested and setup. PlusTalk's doing PlusNet no good at all.

Regards.....Noel
davebrown
Grafter

PlusTalk reliability

Same here, Outbound calls are still not working for me both with X-lite and ATA-phone connection.
Did work last week for a time but off AGAIN Evil

Dave
N/A

PlusTalk reliability

This morning X-lite is working but not my ATA-phone !!!
fotobits
Rising Star

PlusTalk reliability

As a matter of interest, on another string the following echo-tests have been tried......

Free World Dial **393613 and
Voipfone **867152

I get excellent and consistent results with both the above, but unreliable responses from 7000 and from attempts to dial a BT landline number.

I'm sure we can be certain that the fault is not in our settings or equipment.

I do feel that we are at least due an explanation from PlusNet.

Regards......Noel