cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk Help and Support

N/A

Feel free to ask any questions you have about PlusTalk in this forum. Our support team will be glad to help, and other PlusTalk users may have the answers for you too!

We’ve also got a dedicated PlusTalk support section area in our support pages, including setup guides, a glossary and Frequently Asked Questions.

PlusTalk support - http://www.free-online.net/support/adsl/plustalk_support/

Alternatively you can get in touch with our support team using Contact Us or by phone on 0845 1400030.

Regards,

Customer Support
6 REPLIES
N/A

Retrieving voicemail messages from your PlusTalk phone is easy:

1. Dial 7001
2. When asked for your mailbox enter your SIP ID
3. When asked for your password enter your Voicemail PIN
4. Press 1 to listen to your new Voicemail.

You can find your SIP ID and Voicemail PIN on the My Accounts page of the PlusTalk control panel.

For more information on retrieving your voicemail please see the PlusTalk User guide.

Please note, when using 7001 Voicemail, use the # key whenever you are prompted to press the pound key.
N/A

Hi,

Erm - First - the above URL is busted Sad

But what I was really after finding out, is........
Is it yet possible to get a SIP gateway box to enable use of a standard PSTN telephone - since I have a decent setup with cordless units.
Or, is there yet a cordless phone on the market. By which I mean Cordless handset like DECT with wired base rather than a WiFi SIP unit.

I would be very interested to find out - especially if there is a SIP / PSTN gateway that works well and has number auto mapping for example.

Thanks

BigVic
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Thanks, I've fixed the link.

We current have a ZyXEL phone adapter

http://www.free-online.net/products/hardware/voice/voice_kit.shtml

which lets toy connect an existing phone to both the SIP and PSTN services. I've also seen cordless SIP phones which will work with either a wireless router or access point.
N/A

Thanks Dave

Yeah - After I posted - I dig a little digging and this stuff seemed about all there was around. I would like to know more about the 2002L - like will it route incoming PSTN calls to the attatched PSTN device aswell as SIP calls?

And cal you somehow select from the handset to use either VoIP or PSTN for outgoing - such as with a dial prefix.

I appreciate its not new technology, but its still not really taken off. But I would like a chance to get my hands on some stuff and see if it will work for me and some other SMB users I look after.

Is the PlusTalk based on min. 12months subscription - or is there a trial period option? And would you ask your sales if its possible for one to rent a 2002L unit for a while - or get sale/return maybe?

Thanks for the info.

BigVic
N/A

I would like to say, that I just cannot believe not getting any answer to these questions, but sadly I can.

I thought it was a worthwhile idea, a trial setup maybe, obviously FOL wont comment.

*SIGH*

Big Vic

(Sorry to Double Post)
N/A

Seems a lot of effort and expense just to make a phone call, I can call anyone in the world for peanuts using a headset, (mike and head phones), or USB plug in phone with Skype, Plus Talk pricey or am I talkin' something different.