cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusTalk - Caller ID

N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

PlusTalk is now working OK for inbound and outbound calls with PSTN. As far as I can tell SIP calls are OK too.
However, Caller ID does not function either inbound or outbound.Has this not been set up by PN or is it a fault with the system?
7 REPLIES
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

Received a reply from CS. Apparently PlusNet Broadband Phone is not compatible with Caller ID.
I don't believe this is the case with other SIP providers.
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

This depends on a few things..

What hardware are you using to make/receive phone calls?
And are you referring to CLID presented to you from incoming PSTN or SIP calls?
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

I have a Netgear DG834GT router with a HandyTone 486 ATA. I was mainly referring to outbound PSTN calls to either landlines or mobiles.
According to CS :-
"Caller ID is not compatible with our Broadband Phone service. Any calls originating from your account will have the CLI witheld as you have discovered."
The don't actually mention incoming calls.
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

Ah yes.. sorry. CLID never has never worked (and probably never will) when making outgoing SIP calls. Probably because plusnet don't want you to find out what the real geographical number is on your account. The issue has been raised a few times but I think it's just fell on deaf ears I'm afraid Sad
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

Tis a shame as the lack of CLID is stopping me from using this product. Most of the frieds/family I have do not pick up unless there is a CLID number showing on their phone....pitty.
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

Most of the frieds/family I have do not pick up unless there is a CLID number showing on their phone

Absoloutely. There is no technical reason why plusnet cannot present even the 0845 number as CLID. But now that plustalk is classed as a free "added extra", I don't think they're too concerned about its development Sad But apart from that.. I can't fault the service.
N/A

PlusTalk - Caller ID

Looking back through earlier posts someone stated "Plusnet don't own the 0845 numbers so they are not allowed to display them."
I don't know if this is true or not but they should do something about caller ID,