Having registered for Plusnet Talk 240 I am finding no end of problems :-
1) I couldn’t find X-Lite from the download, so I found it from somewhere else. (not an auspicious start).
2) Everytime I run X-Lite I get the following error :- There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive. I press continue or cancel and I get tot the display, with a message sequence initialising, discovering network., registering, registration error 408 – Request Timeout.
3) I cannot dial a landline number using X-Lite. I always get the error ‘Call failed : Request Timeout’. I have read the forums, installed for a firewall, tried different ‘stun’ servers and made no progress.
4) My Plusnet account panel shows I have no credit balance zero minutes and that I have to buy some PAYG time. It also displays that my product is PlusTalk 240 – this seems incorrect and I assume I hav enough minutes.
5) I can find no information regarding the Plusnet Talk 240 product on the site. I don’t know if I have cross network minute, whether this includes calls to voicemail, nothing.
6) I cannot navigate the place on this site to where I can log a problem with customer support