cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet spam filtering and virus protection

N/A

I've been asked to provide some advice to some friends who want to go onto broadband ... they are not in the first flush of youth so I want to make it as secure and painless for them as possible!!

As they won't be heavy downloaders the dslConnect (150k) product from PlusNet seems to be quite appropriate. I also notice that this product comes with the spam filtering and virus protection bundled in free for the first three months.

There was a thread in this forum a few weeks ago which suggested that the PlusNet virus protection service was (at that time) letting viruses through. Is this still a problem?

Also, is the spam filtering part of the bundle good at removing the junk?

As I said I want their experience of broadband to be as painless as possible and while I would definitely recommend that they install an anti-virus program
in addition to the bundled virus protection I anticipate that it would not get updated with the latest signatures as diligently as some of us do that sort of thing ... Wink
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

At the time of that forum article there did appear to be a problem with the anti virus package, maybe due to Vladivar ( the av product plus net use) not being as up to date with netsky/mydoom definations as it should.

This is now resolved and working well.

With regards the spam filtering, we have used it for some time now and have had absolutley no issues with that.

Our default settings for our mail accounts are set to high and not one bit of spam has slipped thru.

We are well pleased with the package.

Best regards

Mark
N/A

Where can I find out more information on the Spam Filtering Service offered by Plusnet?

What does it cost.

I am on 512 Home Surf.

many thanks
N/A

This is located under the Services link ont he left
N/A

Many thanks Acar for the prompt reply.

I wonder how I missed it!!