cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet launch a VoIP service this week.

N/A

I thought PlusNet had already launched VoIP. See this article in the Sunday Times.

Separately, Plusnet, an internet service provider, will also launch a VoIP service this week. Plusnet users will be able to call other VoIP users for free, and will be charged £3.99 a month to make up to 3,000 minutes of calls to national, international and mobile numbers.
25 REPLIES
N/A

Phase one has been launched. This is the actualy VoIP service that allows customers to call others customers, and also dial selected peering partners.

The news article refers to phase 2, which will allow calls to be made to landlines.
N/A

The news article refers to phase 2, which will allow calls to be made to landlines.

is the news article correct that it will launch this week?
N/A

From what I read today elsewhere, yes.

Though that would probably come with all the standard disclaimers about technical issues exempt.
wheelnut
Grafter

According to todays' The Register article +Net have already bombed the price since Sunday due to competition

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/27/plusnet_voip/

Might be a good deal - does it include call to mobiles?Huh
wheelnut
Grafter

..and then again BT have just bombed their prices, which might be an even cheaper deal if you don't intend glueing the phone to your ear for 10 hours a month!

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&articleid=5417191&action=article
N/A

Can someone from +net let us know when this will be launched and confirm the prices?
LiamM
Grafter

An announcement is due this week AFAIK.
N/A

Plusnet to offer VoIP

So let me get this right.
Plusnet want us to pay again for using the bandwidth we have already paid for ?
Seems a good business model.
Stuart
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I can give you a bit of information, the evenings and weekends package will be £2.99 and the anytime package will be £4.99.

The rollout and launch is planned for this week, I'm waiting for confirmation of the rollout slot.
N/A

dtomlinson any details on the international calls as detailed in the initial news about it......as it states that it may be 3000 min for £3.99 but is that for all countries?
N/A

Re: Plusnet to offer VoIP

So let me get this right.
Plusnet want us to pay again for using the bandwidth we have already paid for ?
Seems a good business model.
Stuart

You could say the same thing about BT. If I am paying £11 odd line rental per month, why should I then have to pay for the calls made over that line?

It isn't free to do so, as people make out.

Calls between customers using PlusTalk and even selected peering partners are free, it's just the transfering your call accross a PSTN network that isn't free and so charged for.
N/A

I would love to know when this will be available to Business accounts. I am missing out on the fun. Smiley
N/A

i just want them to launch it!!! Smiley got the software and my cyberlink phone all set up to go, and friends in Australia waiting for the calls Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The included calls will just be to UK landlines, calls abroad and to mobiles aren't included but are very competitively priced. Calls to landlines in the USA for example will cost 2.5p per minute.