cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet and Static IPs

N/A

PlusNet and Static IPs

HI,

I've seen the following statement on one of the Plus Net pages (when you try to contact customer support). It has been there for a while and I was wondering if anything has changed? I personally would prefer a non-static IP on my DSL connection.

"If you have an ADSL account, your Static IP will be enabled by default. At this time, dynamic IPs are not available on ADSL, although we do expect this to become an option in the future. Please note that there is little in terms of security to differentiate between using a dynamic and a static IP. It is essential that users on ALL connections implement appropriate security measures (See the related link below). "

thanks
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet and Static IPs

No nothing has changed as yet. You still get a static IP addresss with your ADSL connection.
I have no idea if or when dynamic IP's will happen.
N/A

PlusNet and Static IPs

It appears that PlusNet can change your IP address on DSL, if you believe the IP is being targeted for some reason.
However, the facility for it to be truly dynamic is not available yet and as has been said, there is little security advantages to having a dynamic IP.