cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet and HTML emails

Community Veteran

PlusNet and HTML emails

I've just had to change where one of my emailed newsletters is sent, from my PlusNet address to another, as I was getting an "If you can read this text, your mail client does not support HTML mail=" instead of the newsletter.

The sender has been looking into it and the 'technical team' had told the person I queried it with that it might be something to do with a spam or virus checker corrupting the email. As the newsletter was totally blank when I looked at it in webmail, it obviously wasn't anything to do with the Mail program on my Mac.

They sent it again in case it was a one-off but the same thing happened. When I asked if it could be sent to my other, non PlusNet address, it came through fine.

I must say that I've never had any problems viewing HTML emails, including newsletters from the same place, via PlusNet before.

Any ideas, anyone? (Not too technical though!!!)
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
4 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet and HTML emails

I'm not sure if this experience is the same issue.

I was using an e-mail signature in html and in a different font to the message body.

I eventually discovered that recipients saw the signature as the same font as in the e-mail body. However, if I sent the message to myself it looked as I intended.

I guessed that not everyone have the same character set in their client software and if the sender used a font that the recipient's mail client didn't support, the text was printed in either the e-mail body's defined font or the default font of the recipient's mail client.

Regards.......Noel
Community Veteran

PlusNet and HTML emails

Probably not the same, because I got them to resend it to my other address and I could read it OK in the same email client.
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet and HTML emails

Yes, OK, but I can read my e-mails OK when it they're returned, because I have the font in my font set, naturally.

However, as you say may not be the same.

Regards.......Noel
Community Veteran

PlusNet and HTML emails

I've had emails arrive sometimes which look blank or have bits missing but if you click on 'forward' or 'reply' you can see them properly.

Ah, the wonders of modern communication!