Has any one got Asterisk to register with PlusTalk,

Iam using AsteriskNow and just get registration timed out
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plus talk and Asterisk

Hi,

I can say that I have spoken to couple of people that have got it to work, but I know nothing at all about Asterisk so can't really help on how they did it.

The following thread over on the PlusNet forum may help:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=337614&highlight=asterisk#337614

(use the username guest and password guest to log in with read only access).

I think the only differences would be to change sip.plus.net to sip.force9.net and username.plus.com to username.force9.co.uk.
N/A

Plus talk and Asterisk

Hi,

I can say that I have spoken to couple of people that have got it to work, but I know nothing at all about Asterisk so can't really help on how they did it.

I think the only differences would be to change sip.plus.net to sip.force9.net and username.plus.com to username.force9.co.uk.

You need to keep the sip.plus.net settings user name is the same as your sip id (all numbers)

Michael
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plus talk and Asterisk

Ah, yeah it does work easier like that.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Plus talk and Asterisk

I use the PlusTalk service with my Asterisk (Trixbox) installation; there's interesting thing the flash operator panel shows up and that's the intermittent nature of the PlusTalk service.
I have several trunks setup PlusTalk being the last in the list and the colour changes depending on the status of the connection and during the day the service comes and goes.

Hopefully now BT services are being introduced they will scrap PlusTalk and use BT's VoIP offering which I used successfully for several years.