cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus errr.... what?

MysteryFCM
Grafter

Plus errr.... what?

Having never come accross PT before I am rather curious as to what it is?. (I'm assuming it's along the same lines of Skype (which I wouldn't trust if you paid be, being as it is developed and ran by the same bunch of thieves and toerags as Kazaa)).
11 REPLIES
N/A

Plus errr.... what?

Didnt know that, Steven. Not a good advert then for Skype.

PT, as it stands at the moment is, imho, worthless unless you are talking to other Plus net customers.

When they sort their peering and PSTN breakout , then it has the potential to be a good SIP service.

Unitl then we cant really judge it.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Plus errr.... what?

hehe, figures :?

As for Skype, yep..... tis owned and developed by Sharman Networks (all at once........ ewwwwwww Evil )
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Plus errr.... what?

Hi,

we've now added peering with the following SIP providers

* CallUK **285 (CUK)
* Gradwell **472 (GRA)
* Gossiptel **467 (GOS)
N/A

Plus errr.... what?

Good. progress being made. Smiley
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Plus errr.... what?

If anyone wants to confirm that peering is indeed working, they can call me on my Gossiptel number which is 9308096, but please don't all ring at once!!!
N/A

Plus errr.... what?

OK I won't all ring you at once Smiley
Gonna get a hanset this weekend though, so might give it a go soonish
N/A

Skype bashing

It would appear from the vast numbers of posts in this forum, that a LOT of people are having a LOT of issues with PT.

Although Skype has indeed been developed by the same individuals responsible for Kazaa etc, it simply works right out of the box and does exactly what it says on the tin. Unfortunately it would appear that the same cannot be said for PT.

That said, once the wheen of issues have been resolved with PT, it does appear to have potential to be a good service.

It just seems to this poster that Skype has the jump on PT and we all know from experience that the first to the marketplace with a product (M$) tends to monopolise the market.

I have to defend Skype on their behalf and to be honest, the service is pretty much flawless even to the degree that I have rolled it out to several departments within the organization I work for. We now have employees in the UK, Manila, Bombay and Riga involved in conference calls free, when these calls would have had a significant cost/benefit implication involved.

In short, yes PT is a good idea with potential, but Skype is leading the way.
zipadeedoodaa
Dabbler

Plus errr.... what?

I take on board all that bob says, however he ought to come here and listen to Skype.

Skype Out is a disaster and you only have to look at their notice board to see that. The calls have all sorts of faults and in my case is unusable.

Delay on the line. Echoing. Metallic sound of the voice from either end and generally unsatisfactory. I have e mailed Skype on more than one occasion and they don't even have the decency to reply.

Come on Plusnet let's get a good service going!!!

Neville
Community Veteran

Plus errr.... what?

It just seems to this poster that Skype has the jump on PT and we all know from experience that the first to the marketplace with a product (M$) tends to monopolise the market.

Actually apple brought out their GUI before M$ Windows so not true in this case. Althoug I do think M$ could do with a nice long lawsuit to finish 'em off the greedy gits. We deserve better than M$ Software.
N/A

Plus errr.... what?

I take on board all that bob says, however he ought to come here and listen to Skype.

Skype Out is a disaster and you only have to look at their notice board to see that. The calls have all sorts of faults and in my case is unusable.

Delay on the line. Echoing. Metallic sound of the voice from either end and generally unsatisfactory. I have e mailed Skype on more than one occasion and they don't even have the decency to reply.

Come on Plusnet let's get a good service going!!!

Neville

im using my skypeout as im typing here, i use it for my business and home and people call me from a landline to my skype.

works perfectly, never had a problem.

so if you have TRIED it instead of listening to bogus claims made by people who do not take time to verify their microphone and speaker settings, you would say differently.

just my view on that.
N/A

Plus errr.... what?

Same here, no problem with Skype. The amount of people who don't bother to setup the "mic boost", or who don't even know about it, amazes me. That will kill something as bulletproof as Skype so I am sure it will do the same for PT.

But again, I am talking about something I haven't tried. Why? 'Cos Skype works, brilliantly, simply, world-wide and I don't know anyone else on PT so I see no need for it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.