cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Talk Quality

N/A

Plus Talk Quality

I am having an ongoing discussion with customer support about the quality of Plustalk. I find that the callers are difficult to hear and there is an echo on the line. Customer Support tell that "the service is fine for everyone else using it". I can only imagine that they don't read this bulletin board. I have asked for a refund which they have refused to give me. I am not so much interested in the money but annoyed that I am asked to pay for an inferior service.

Any other views out there?? Evil
10 REPLIES
N/A

Plus Talk Quality

Hi rabbie,

Welcome to the forums.

Personally, I have no issues with Plus Talk. Sound quality for me is excellent and I know a few other users who also have no issues. Have you checked all the settings and run the tests to ensure that the software is running correctly with your hardware?
N/A

Plus Talk Quality

I beleive only one other user has reported anything remotely similar, and he hasn't yet replied with any information on question that were asked.
N/A

Plus Talk Quality

This has been raised by a number of people in this forum, including myself. Little or no response from Plus Net Support.

I too have raised a support ticket, but don't think it's the one referred to by "acarr", as at the time of his post I was awaiting a response rather than Support waiting for me. For ref, my ticket number is 17765290 and is specifically about the echo problem - people you call hearing their own voice echoing back. I need to let them know the make & model of my soundcard. Will check tonight and report back - not entirely convinced that it is relevant but it's important to follow & support the process.

Plus Net, in my experience, are a great ISP - but the problems with echo & call quality definitely need to be taken more seriously.
jeff1959

Re: Plus Talk Quality

I am having an ongoing discussion with customer support about the quality of Plustalk. I find that the callers are difficult to hear and there is an echo on the line. Customer Support tell that "the service is fine for everyone else using it". I can only imagine that they don't read this bulletin board. I have asked for a refund which they have refused to give me. I am not so much interested in the money but annoyed that I am asked to pay for an inferior service.

Any other views out there?? Evil

I have just signed up for plustalk but opted for the payg option just to try it out. Sound quality is terrible so until the software is made better i will not be using it. Sad to hear about plusnet not doing a refund as i used callserve before and asked for a refund and it was put back on my credit card the next day

Regards Alan
Community Veteran

Plus Talk Quality

Are you using a headset?

Are you using a cheap headset or a quality one? The quality of a headset will also affect how likely you are to have an echo problem.

Also, if your SIP software has a way to 'train' or set the microphone and speaker levels ... use them. The most common problems are caused by the microphone volume set much higher than it needs to be. Make a test call and use the listener to advise you when the volume (loudness) of your voice is loud enough.

regards
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
LiamM
Grafter

Plus Talk Quality

I'm using it with an ATA and a normal home phone. Call Quality is superb, above that of the normal phone line for VOIP-VOIP calls. And PSTN calls about the same.
N/A

Shoft phone appeard to default calls to the GSM codec

Interestingly I was also suffering from poor call quality.

Two bits of advice.

1 - Purchase a headset buy a reasonable make i.e. plantronics

2 - When you make the call make sure you are using the G711a codec instead of the default GSM codec. You can force the softphone to use the G711a codec by unselecting the other codecs in the 'display'

Call quality is now idistingushable from a real land line
jeff1959

Re: Shoft phone appeard to default calls to the GSM codec

are the codecs unselected when they are black or grey. thanks for any advice..

Alan

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni):Full quote of preceding post removed as it is not necessary
arlehaven
Grafter

Plus Talk Quality

Hello Alan,
The Codecs by default are on (Black) and off when clicked on (greyed out).

I am using a USB Voip phone with the system and it is clearer than my normal phone. As previously stated get a good headset and run the audio wizzard again. You can access the wizzard by right clicking on the face of the softphone.

Hope you get sorted.
jeff1959

Plus Talk Quality

Thanks everyone for the help. Set the codec run the wizard and got a good quality headset. Now my calls are very good quality even to mobile phones..

Thanks Alan

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary]