cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

After spending the last 6 months here @ Plus.Net, im thinking of moving to TalkTalk.

I waited to see what Plus.Net's offering to combat TT would be, and i must say, im very disapointed with PN.

£20.99 a month for 50mb download limitHuh Uumm... TT offer..... 40GB limit for the same price!!

Ok, so there is a 18 month contract, but £21 a month for landline rental, unltd uk landline calls & up to 8Mb BB with 40Gb limit is very good if you ask me. And the best part.... it remains @ £20.99 a month!!! (TT cant change the price as they offer £1000 if they cant beat BT's prices)

Sorry plus.net, you have really let us down..... Sad
8 REPLIES
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

I have one simple answer to that...

25,000 people signing up in 2 days
:shock:

There is NO way that the TT system can give all of them 8mb lines and sustain it, you will find an FUP somewhere concerning download limits, also you will find that somewhere in the small print they wont guarantee your 8mb speeds and you wont be able to hold them to it.

I really wouldnt bother mate, it will probably mean lower speeds, less quality service, they were overstretched BEFORE they pulled this stunt, I hate to imagine whats going to happen now
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

I have to admit to being tempted - but only so far as tempted to give them 6mths crack at it, and if it works well, and they have an army of satisfied peeps, perhaps then I'll go join their gang.

Look before you leap as they say.
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

there offer is for talk3 and talk3 international which does say upto 8mb......on there website it says whatever your line can handle so upto 8mb would be correct.......there calls are free upto 70 mins but as good as free because you just hang up and dial again.....

my parents are going to join them but i have heard a lot about them haveing really rubbish customer service...the fact that you can't phone them to join them but have to goto the carphone warehouse or join online does not really go down well with me........

definatly wait awhile see what happens with everyone else could end up being a right nightmare otherwise
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

no ISP can guarantee a 8MB service anyway so don't let that put you astray but yes they do have too many people joining and yes their serice is crap. Most ISps are offfering 8mb connections these days anyway. U get what u pay for really like everything else. Talk Talk think they will lose about 4 million but will make it all back in a few years I think it was 4 mill). They must know what they are doing..... Let's hope so anyway.
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

I have to admit to being tempted - but only so far as tempted to give them 6mths crack at it, and if it works well, and they have an army of satisfied peeps, perhaps then I'll go join their gang.

Look before you leap as they say.

Id say there is still a definitive flaw in that approach. Lets take another ISP as an example...err....I know Smiley Plusnet. Back in 2004 ( did I really join that long ago ? ) when I joined all I heard was praise. I had a handful of people giving it the almighty Plus are no good etc but that didnt phase me one bit. The package was superb, the deal I would be getting was awesome and their rep. Well their rep I had to marvel at.

Ok back then the chances of speaking to a 65 year old OAP who uses the net for approximately 3 minutes per month to check the TV listings for the week / month was precisely NIL. You could be pretty safe in the knowledge that the feedback you were getting was from a person who was savvy enough to know tripe apart from quality.

These days chances are you get feedback from lesser users who dont perhaps see the whole picture or who perhaps arent in the know of all the facts.

Then you have users such as myself for whom the service is a majority quality one with few hicups along the way ( or noticable ones anyway ).

I guess the point im trying to make is that it is definately harder to take a persons word as creditable reference these days. your connection could have this that and the other not to mention the reference coming from a novice user who didnt know they should be getting speeds of about 480Kb/s as apposed to the 45Kb/s they were currently getting.

Anyway nuff said, I think ive babbled enough and spammed this thread enough Wink

You want my take on it? Try and stick it out, what goes up must come down and vice versa.

Regards,
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

just so that you know, anyone that is wanting to sign up with Talk Talk will now be waiting till middle of august before they can get any sort of connection due to the volume of ppl that have signed up, more to the point y would u want to sign up? they took over onetel broadband which was awful (i used to work for them)
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

All new things need time to settle down. I'm sitting on the fence, but must say that i'll only leave if my service here gets really bad. So far i'm happy with what i've got (getting).

Better the devil you know.... :twisted:

I have friends who are with talk talk (phone only) and we can talk for £0.00, I wouldn't want that to change. So i'll keep my ear to the ground.
N/A

Plus.Net Vs TalkTalk

TalkTalk is heavily over-subscribed. 21 days to transfer phone service from BT and 2 months to get your broadband activated.