cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pirates using URL for email

Rourkefamily
Grafter

I have a URL hosted with Plus Net. I use it for a local running club website with one email address. Over the last three days some 'bas&*$ds have created other email addresses of the same URL and I guess are posting round the world. I have found out as I get 'undelivered' messages back into my mailbox from unknown email addresses.

No great problem to stop using my one email address.

Is there a way I can block prople using such email addresses?
5 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Unfortunately this has been going on for quite some time, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it - short of terminating your domain.

http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=KB&kbid=26
N/A

it's just happened to me too Sad really annoying!
Patch
Grafter

I had that about a couple of years when we were still on dial up, and all the returned emails were making it impossible to access the internet.

Thankfully after a few weeks it stopped. I guess they moved on to abusing someone elses email address.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

I hope that is the case for me too. Get 10 -15 returns a day. Concerned about the ones that arrive. Hopefully nothing to risque! Sad
N/A

There is another thread like this HERE

(no I aint doing the mods job, just seeing if he might find some more help in there lol!)

I said in that one company I work for is getting around 80 a day on one site, and as of yesterday another of their sites is now getting around 80 every time they check their email orders.