cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex? Preferential treatment?

N/A

Hi,

Our exchange activated on the 23rd July, and we are still awaiting Plus.net to give us a yay/nah response, this is not an issue to me as such as there is obviously a stated waiting period of 7-10 days, however Pipex have already received some of their responses from BT and have emailed their customers this morning (25th) giving them an activation date of by the 30th, I run our local campaign forum and no other person has responded to say another ISP has confrimed.

This seems to suggest they may have a priority service from BT

I may be completely of track but it seems a bit odd though

I would add that my advanced order has been with BT since the 08/05, as per their order page on their website

[Moderators note (by Thomas): I've moved this to the "Everything Internet" board, as this is about the internet, just not PlusNet specific services.]
3 REPLIES
N/A

It may be on a first come first served basis.

IE, pipex submitted requests for activation before +Net

I very much doubt they would have preferential treatment. However, it has been seen in the past that BTO and BTB have a slight advantage, but never proved.
N/A

Hi,

I found out a bit more information.

It is not done on a first come first served basis

Some of the Pipex orders I know of were placed on the 27th June and 1st July with BT

Nildram have also received some back with a 31st activation date (1 day later than Pipex's Activation date)

Can anyone from Plus.net comment on this situation?
N/A

Now I hear these pipex customers are all activated and they are now using broadband

Slightly annoyed to say the least Sad