cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegasus Mail

N/A

Pegasus Mail

Can anyone tell me if Pegasus Mail has advantages over Outlook Express?

I use MS products because they came with the computer and I had to install MS Office to use the local university College facilities for a course.

A few from North America seem to dislike the way MS OE sends mail to one of the discussion groups. I do not like the idea of Microsoft and it's power in the market but would a change work well and make a statement?

Thanks.
Kevin Elks.
kevin@kentbusinesses.org
6 REPLIES
N/A

Pegasus Mail

1. It's free
2. It's not made by MS
3. Because of 2, it's unlikely to be exploited...

Seriously, though, give it a whirl - I've used it successfully for many years.

You can set the line lenghth and supress MIME features easily which might make your messages to mailing lists more paletable - although I'm not sure what you problem was there.
N/A

Pegasus Mail

Yes its great but the best email is the Bat it is the most secure email going and its not from MS.

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

It is imune to many virus. Does not use the Windows address book and Windows-dependent HTML viewer, which have been the targets of many recent
attacks
N/A

Pegasus Mail

Thanks for the help on this topic, its apreciated.

Kevin Elks.
Simon_M
Grafter

Pegasus Mail

If you have installed MS Office you will have two mail clients to chose from - Outlook & Outlook Express. Note that these are quite separate products, not different versions of the same thing, as the names would have you believe.

Your American contacts, in common with many people all over the world, would prefer you to send emails in plain text format. This is particualy important on high traffic mailing lists where people have to download large numbers of messages over a slow dial up link.

In Outlook Express, you can change to plain text on a message by message basis, or you can change the default setting by going to Tools|Options|Send.

There are similar options in Outlook.

Note that News postings should always be set to Plain Text for the same reason
N/A

Pegasus Mail

hi

does anyone have an ides how to do this in outlook 2003, i cant find identities in the file drop down menu?

any help appreciated.
thanks
Simon_M
Grafter

Pegasus Mail

What exactly are you trying to do? Identities are nothing to do with the settings referred to in this thread so far.

I haven't got Outlook 2003, so I could be wrong, but I think you will find that Identities are a function of Outlook Express rather than Outlook.

The nearest equivelent to Identities in Outlook are Outlook Profiles.

For Outlook 2002, these are set up by going to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles. I expect 2003 is much the same.

If you want to set your default mail style to plain text, then Outlook 2002 has this at Tools | Options | Mail Format. Again, I expect 2003 will be similar.

Usual Msoft confusion - in Outlook emails are also referred to as messages. Outlook Express, which also acts as a newsreader as well as an email client, refers to emails as emails & newsgroup postings as messages.