cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal

N/A

PayPal

PayPal are trying to get me to sign up and register a credit card. (I downloaded some software from a PayPal site last year paying by credit card which is how they got my email address.) I asked them why I needed PayPal and they sent me a long long list of advantages. As far as I can see the only practical benefit to me would be that I would enter my PayPal details when making a transaction rather than using a credit card. So It is a security thing. Of course PayPal would take their cut of the transaction. I dont see why I should sign up and intend leaving it alone. Any comments? (If I signed up for PayPal then I suppose I would have to sign up for WorldPay etc.)
5 REPLIES
N/A

PayPal

PayPal are there own company, and not affiliated with WorldPay that I know.

Whilst using a e-mail address with the requirment of you physicaly authorising a transaction does sound appealing, the charges are not.

In adition, they are not a full credit broker, and as such, are not subject to the same laws as credit card companies. Charge backs are a real pain, and if you accept money and the person revokes there transaction through there CC company, you are the person branded as commiting fraud.

It doesn't sound quite so serious, however, the problem is bad.
N/A

PayPal

paypal are twits.

For my own personal reasons may they burn down overnight - i lost serious money through them and ebay - they told me " oh well hello there's nothing we can really do about it"

Arrogant buggers.

rant over..
Community Veteran

PayPal

I use paypal alot for buying and selling on ebay, never had any problems.
Also use NOCHEX which is pretty easy to use but not as widespread.

Chris
N/A

PayPal

Paypal are owned by Ebay and now there is PayPal Europe which is approved by the FSA.
One advantage is if you want to buy off an individual, as opposed to a company, who cannot accept credit cards.
A number of shareware writers cannot accept credit cards but are set up to accept payment via PayPal.
N/A

PayPal

Paypal are naff. We use worldpay - Very good. In the past we've used paysystems but just discovered a bug which allows the user to cancel their payment and paysystems will not inform you. So free hosting for them........

Paypal is not useful for business. It's alright if you want to transfer money to individuals (as previously said). Still - wire transfers are easier Tongue (if you wanna wait 3 days while the ******** bank makes money on you.