cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN Pass through

N/A

PSTN Pass through

Does anyone know of an apapter router device that could be used in conjunction with a Netgear ADSL router to enable PSTN pass through?

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES
N/A

PSTN Pass through

N/A

PSTN Pass through

Yes, although the Grandstream 486 device can act as a router itself, you should have no problems connecting it behind another router. You simply connect the WAN RJ-45 port into your router. The Grandstream also has another RJ-45 port called the LAN port. You can connect a PC into this if you wish but I don't bother as I connect wirelessly to the main BT router. However, you need to attach a PC directly to this LAN port when setting up the device but after that you can connect through a web browser using whatever IP address your router assigns to the grandstream. I am not 100% sure if you will have any problems using your Netgear router but I don't see why it wouldn't work in the same way I have mines set up. You should also set up port forwarding on your router (see www.portforward.com) for the ports the Grandstream device is using to ensure best performance.