cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN Breakout

nking
Dabbler

PSTN Breakout

I first reported a problem with PSTN breakout on the 22/11/06. ID: 20756201 "Broadband Phone PSTN breakout is not working again, this is a common occurrence and is usually because an element has timed out." I received a response from CS 26/11 stating all was OK, I immediately checked and responded that PSTN breakout is still not working - to date no response or ability to make outbound calls to (PSTN) land lines. PLusNet allow me 240 free minutes per month but I don't get to use them as the service is so unreliable. Surely this service should be simple to resolve, Skype don't suffer from these problems but I guess you get what you pay for! But hey, I am paying for it!! I hope that PlusNet management may take note of my comments and get this service sorted. Anyone else suffering out there?
19 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PSTN Breakout

PlusTalk is pretty useless as any sort of reliable phone system. Don't forget it's not all free but even if you have paid to use the service you can't because it never works properly. Were as SIPGATE works without fault.
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Yes, pcking, lack of reliability has dogged this service since day 1, 'though when it works, the quality is excellent.

On the User Group Forum, I have submitted a request for PlusNet management to make a statement regarding the long term plans for this service. If there are no plans to stabilise performance there's little point in perservering in it's use.

So far, no response.

Regards........Noel
medea
Grafter

PSTN Breakout

I too reported an inability to make outgoing PSTN calls using my 240 mins "free" allowance on 21 Nov. Like pcking my service is still down.
At one point a global problem was acknowledged by a temporary change in Service Status. Yesterday a problem was acknowledged and I was advised that I had been "reset" but to no avail!
I seem to have 208 minutes credit so the problem it appears, and i'm no expert, is either a loss of PSTN binding or a problem with the caller ID (CLID) system; either way it requires PN to take some action. Unfortunately responses from CS are very infrequent and too often unhelpful.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

PSTN Breakout

What symptoms are people seeing and what software/hardware are they using?

I can make outbound calls using my SIP account. @pcking, I've just logged into your account too and made a successful outbound call.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Bob, I've been reporting this problem via tickets ever since the service started, anyway, many thanks for your interest. My original and frequently copied ticket states :-

With both the echo-test and landline break-out connections I hear the dialling-tones followed by about 30-secs of silence, then the engaged tones.

I've no error messages, as I use a 'phone adapter and my home 'phones.

If you can help us, Bob, we'll all be so grateful.

Regards.......Noel
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

.......by the way, Bob, re your note to pcking, the service IS working now and has been for the last 24-hours!

Regards.......Noel
nking
Dabbler

PSTN Breakout

Hi Bob,

I have just tried my phone and it is indeed OK as you say. I use Xlite software and have not made any changes. If you take a look through my questions to CS you will note that it is not uncommon for the PSTN Breakout to stop working - I imagine the engineers reports will support this being an issue. I appreciate you getting involved and this is the first time I have used the forum to raise awareness of an issue and it clearly works. You mention that you tested the system to verify it works, perhaps this simple procedure could be employed by the engineers as a daily routine to check that the system works as it should. Again, my thanks for your involvement - regards Neil
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

For what it's worth the broadband 'phone is off again now!

Regards.....Noel
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Gracious, it's OK now!

I give up!

Noel
glloyd
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

I'm getting an engaged tone and error 403 forbidden - Call not allowed using a Grandstream phone. Ticket 20783062
SIPGATE works fine.
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Broadband 'phone off again.

Echo-test...no ringing-out tones or voice-response, I can hear my own voice.

Break-out calls to BT landline...no ringing-out tones, then engaged tones. I am ringing an known unattended number.

Regards....Noel
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Submitted on another thread :-

Thank you, Bob. It's now working at this end, too!

The echo-test is responding correctly and the break-out calls are OK.

Bob, could it be that the error affecting the Echo-test, your earlier message refers, also affects the break-out calls?

Seems strange that as soon as the Echo-test is put right, everything works properly.

This unreliability has been affecting a lot of people, Bob, for a long time. I know several users who've now moved to another VoIP provider.

Perhaps you'd be good enought to keep your eye on it....or your ear!

Regards and thanks........Noel
glloyd
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Just had a service status report saying they had rebooted a server in London and that had fixed the fault - IT HAS NOT!
fotobits
Rising Star

PSTN Breakout

Echo-test and break-out connection not working again!

Noel