cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 download of 2 domains not working ?

freyr

I currently use SBS 2000 and am testing SBS 2003 and have come across a problem with POP3 download.

I have 2 email domains served by PlusNet. Mail is only delivered to the users for one of the domains and mail addressed to the other domain is sent to the administrators mailbox. The recipients e-mail address policy is set up to handle these addresses.

Changing the "e-mail domain" for the "global mailbox" changes which emails are sent to the users (e.g. if the email domain is domain1.co.uk then emails to domain1 are correctly delivered - the others are delivered to the administrator mailbox and vice versa if set to domain2.co.uk then emails to domain2 are correctly delivered and domain1 emails are sent to the administrators mailbox).

The only solution I have is to set the email domain to domain1.co.uk and to add username@domain2.co.uk as routing rules which directs the others to the correct user mailboxes.

Is there an issue with the emails downloaded from PlusNet ?

Do I now need to move to SMTP to download emails ?

Please help me resolve this.

Thanks
Brian
2 REPLIES
N/A

Don't know if this helps. but I administer multiple email domains (currently in excess of 10). The domains are set to forward all emails to one 'collection point' domain, from where they are picked up nd sorted by rulesets on username/domain as appropriate.

I use Suse email server 2 for this, but any reasonably competent email server should be able to handle it.
freyr

Thanks for the response, It looks like I will have to get such an email server, as I am currently only testing SBS2003 and will be implementing shortly a system to handle 12+ users with 5 email domains from 2 ISPs. I may also have to bite the bullet and switch to SMTP to download.

This problem did not occur with SBS2000 and I can't work out if POP3 mail is handled differently with SBS2003 - the MS newsgroups have not helped.