cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 Email with Domain

N/A

POP3 Email with Domain

I have a website domain registered and hosted by Plus.net: http://www.tayside-organists.org.uk/ but I was wondering how i would go about getting info@tayside-organists.org.uk and other email addresses @tayside-organists.org.uk

Craig
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

POP3 Email with Domain

If your domain is registered and located on the PlusNet server then your mail to that address automatically goes to your default mailbox. @craiglawson etc
(Im not putting your complete address in to avoid web robots)

You could just then set up named mail boxes to filter each name that you want before the tayside bit.
Community Veteran

POP3 Email with Domain

Basically someone@domain.com will go to the same named mailbox on your plusnet mail i.e. someone@usename.plus.com.

so fred@domain.com -> fred@username.plus.com
bert@domain.com -> bert@username.plus.com
harry@domain1.com & harry@domain2.com both go to harry@username.plus.com

You can either pick them up using your default mailbox login (just username & password) or you can create specific named mailboxes (click on Email settings then Configure Mailboxes) and then login with username+mailboxname & it's password.
Dev
Grafter

POP3 Email with Domain

I just registered a .co.uk domain with PN. Will PN automatically forward emails@mydomain.co.uk to postmaster@username.plus.com or does it require any input on my part. Also will my ..co.uk website be redirected to username.plus.com ?
Community Veteran

POP3 Email with Domain

I. Email
Emails sent to your domain ie anyname@domain.co.uk will appear in your default mailbox and can be collected using username and password with your mail client. (not postmaster)
If you want you set up a named mail box for your domain you could say use mail@domain.co.uk and collect it using username+mail and whatever password you have set for your named mailbox.

2 Domain location
By default your domain will point to the htdocs folder which is the one that gets accessed if you type www.username.plus.com you would be better creating a folder for the domain and then use the Domain names option on the left so that it points it to the folder.
Example I have a domain www.hmrg.co.uk all the files for this live in a folder in htdocs named hmrg. This allows you to have in effect more than one domain stored in your web space.