cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Charge for Unanswered Calls

N/A

I have a HandyTone 486 / Netgear DG834GT setup which does not always connect so I have been changing certain parameters.
To check the phone, I call my home phone or my mobile and don't answer the call. With BT unanswered calls are not charged but with PN ringing my mobile costs 15p/call. Calling my home phone uses up to 2-3mins which is deducted from my 240 mins allowance.
It also appears to send a blank voice message after the call has been stopped.
I sent a query to PN but have not yet received a reply.
I was considering the home phone offer, but while the system is so unreliable, it would be rather foolish.
3 REPLIES
N/A

All 'break-out' calls are charged whether they are answered or not!!!!
N/A

I can't find the exact post but I remember asking a similar question (and subsequently being re-assured by a PN rep) that unanswered call will not be charged for. Which I never really believe because breakout calls to other networks (particularly mobile networks) will still charge the originating network, and I wouldn't expect anything free off PlusNet.
N/A

I received a reply from PN and breakout calls are charged.
It seems that unanswered calls to landlines are also charged although in my case time is deducted from my free allowance.
The other annoying thing is that they appear to send a blank voice message even after disconnecting.