Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHPBB 2.0.6

N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

Hey, im using phpbb,

question 1:

does anyone know, when i go in to admin panel then in forum admin in permissions, when i choose and a forum then click look up forum, how do i when in advancd mode, make a extra type of group, so instead of haveing the standed 5, all,reg,private,mod and admin, i could have another one?

question 2: how can i set it to baclup automatic?

Thanks in Advanced, Tim
10 REPLIES
michaelscott
Grafter

PHPBB 2.0.6

1. you can't

2. you can't - you could always write a script that takes a mysql dump and run it as a cron job instead.
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

2. i think i recall seeing a mod listed at www.phpbb.com that will perform periodic backups
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

This should really be in CGI section !!
michaelscott
Grafter

PHPBB 2.0.6

This is the "Everything Internet" section and does not explicity exclude this sort of post :p
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

Ok, sorry, where ever this is ment to be, please move it, tim
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

question 3: When applying a mod how do i apply it?, and can i unapply it later? thnaks in advanced tim
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

The instructions for each mod are different, and the ability to uninstall will vary too.

99% of mod will come with details instructions
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

ok, so what is a mod? sorry i dont know Sad and does it come in the php admin panel or what?, thanks in advaced,tim
Community Veteran

PHPBB 2.0.6

It's a patch or fix to the standard codebase that replaces/edits existing php files to include the necessary changes for the new feature/function to be installed. Read the install instructions that come with it and make sure the mod is compatibble with the version of phpBB you are running. Some mods only work with earlier versions of phpBB.
N/A

PHPBB 2.0.6

Short for modification.