cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook express

vic_newey
Grafter

Outlook express

I want to save a large number of customers emails to another hardrive, many of these emails have photo attachments.

I can't select all & forward as a message with attachments as there are a lot of photo's & links etc & the message repeatedly gets returned as 'unsafe ' etc.
My question is ' where on my hardrive are all these messages stored ? in programs/ outlook express I can't find anything that I can simply send to my CD writer which would be the easiest option :?:
7 REPLIES
N/A

Outlook express

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities
vic_newey
Grafter

Outlook express

got to the username but can't find the local settings/ App data :?
N/A

Outlook express

You can see which folder is used by Outlook Express by going to Tools, Options and selecting Maintenance. You should then see an option Store Folder.
vic_newey
Grafter

Outlook express

I found the above details in 'tools etc. & it showed my mails are stored where ukdsl stated above,
it gives the option to select another location so I made a folder & everything went o.k until I look in the folder to find I cannot actually read the mails as they are in a DBX file :?
vic_newey
Grafter

Outlook express

fixed it & used my brain to select outlook to open the file LOL Tongue
vic_newey
Grafter

Outlook express

Hmm, not as simple as I thought, when transfering to the other drive & putting the files in the correct place the emails will still not appear in outlook Xpress Evil
Community Veteran

Outlook express

If you have OE installed on the new machine already, and you have transferred all the files in the old OE directory, then I think all you need to do is start OE and use File/Import/Messages and follow the prompts.