cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express Connection

N/A

I moved from Dial-Up Freeserve to plusnet some time back, but have constantly struggled to send emails as the following note 'pops -up.'
Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I used to go back to dial up just to send emails, I have now however, decided to set up an email account with plusnet and use this instead.

Though I can send emails thru 'mailbox compose,' I would like to be able to use Outlook Express. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but unfortunately I'm pretty computer illiterate.

Also is there anyway that mail in my Freeserve account can be forwarded to my plusnet account?

Any ideas?

Mark
5 REPLIES
N/A

Mail Ac

I have done a similar thing to your request in that my FSB Dial e-mail account is accesses from +net. You need to set up a plusnet mailbox and input the login and password.

So mine is [plusnet username+fsbdial]; from this plusnet mailbox I can access that in Outlook by setting up another mail account. Hope that this helps.
Brickinit
Grafter

it could be that freeserve has disabled your account as you do not give them (or wannado) any finance anymore, that is what tiscali did to me about a month after leaving them. i could still look at my mail if i logged on through their home page for a while, but not if i tried to go in via plusnet or the likes.
N/A

Yes Freeserve disable mail accounts after a period of log-in inactivity (collecting/sending mail doesn't count as activity).

Something like 90 days, if I remember right.
N/A

Thanks for the replys, I can see my emails but I can't send. I think I'll just loose the Wanadoo account....
N/A

If you can't send, this si because you still have the Wanado sending server configured.

Under Tools -> Accounts, select the Wanado/Freeserve item under the mail tab, then click properties.

Under server, change the SMTP sending server to relay.plus.net