cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email problem

N/A

Outgoing email problem

Hi

I've setup adsl on a a new pc and configured outlook express.

I'm getting incoming email without any problems but its refusing to send outgoing...

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'PLUSNET', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Is this me or plusnet??

Aaargh!
5 REPLIES
N/A

Outgoing email problem

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are connected through a PlusNet adsl or dialup account?

And do you have your "from" address set correctly in OE? (This can sometimes cause problems).

Do you have any firewalls / anti-virus software running which could interfere (this includes Windows Firewall)?
N/A

Outgoing email problem

Using ASDL,

Windows firewall is not active and there isn't another firewall running either..just Norton virus software.

The from box in OE looks fine to me.
N/A

Outgoing email problem

The most likely cause of that error message is that the sender's email address is set incorrectly (missing @ or to many dots etc)

If that doesn't work, most have found that it is better to delete all the OE settings and start again.

If you search this forum using the error code, you will find a few threads on the subject.
painswck
Grafter

Outgoing email problem

Hi,
Not that familiar with Outlook. The error message suggests that the error relates to authentication to Plusnet's SMTP server.

Have you got authentication turned on in the settings somewhere?

Searching Google for that error code comes up with lots of references.

Roland
N/A

Outgoing email problem

Muppet of the year award for me.

The email address I had in the 'from' box had two letters transposed.

Sorted!

Thanks for the suggestions.