cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing e-mails being delayed

RobDickson
Grafter

I still use PlusNet's servers for my outgoing e-mails. This morning, a friend with a Yahoo.com e-mail address received an e-mail that I sent on Monday evening.

I didn't think much of this, it was only one e-mail and who knows whether it is PlusNet's fault, or Yahoo's fault.

However, I also use PlusNet's outgoing e-mail servers for my work e-mail, as well. I spoke to one of our customers today, and she told me that she hadn't received an e-mail that I sent yesterday, and also hadn't received another one that I sent today.

I've raised a ticket about this, but wondered whether anybody else had noticed problems. There's nothing on the service status page.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You could sign up for a free e-mail address somewhere and send it a mail from you pn account.
Sending one from your pn account to your pn account may give a false result as the mail may not even be sent out to the net but merely moved directly to the correct mail box wihtin the pn system so going external would probably be best.

In the past if a problem only affects a few customer, few defined by pn themselves, then a post on the status page is not always raised.

A
RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.

Despite initially saying "we currently aren't aware of any problems with our mailservers", I have now been told "Relay02 (the mailserver your mail was sent via) had a very large queue on it a few weeks ago (at the time your mail was sent). We took action to stop the server accepting any further mail until the queue had been processed, however some mail will have been delayed whilst the server processed the queue."

At least everything is working fine now, but it would have been nice if I hadn't been mislead in the first place, and PlusNet answered my question in fewer than 11 days.