Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing call to BT psdn....no ringing-out tones

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have been using +Talk for my outgoing calls to BT landline numbers successfully for some time. However, on dialling a number I hear the dialling tones but this is followed by a long silence with no ringing-out tones, until the call is eventually answered.

Are ringing-out tones absent with this service, or are they missing on my connection due to an incorrect setting?

Regards and thanks........Noel
5 REPLIES
N/A

same here.....

I am getting the same thing but this is only since downloading the newer version of the Xlite software. The older version used to be fine and I could here the dial tone before the call was answered. Not sure if it's a software thing or the PlusTalk service?!?!?!
Community Veteran

I don't think its software as mine has worked fine since I eventually managed to get it working.
However a call I made this morning had no ring tone but was answered just as I was begining to think it hadn't dialed out. :?

Looks like a bug in the system to me.
fotobits
Rising Star

I have just received the following info from CSS in response to an earlier query of mine regarding the absence of the calling-tone when making an outward call using a 'phone adapter....in my case the ATA 1100.......

.........Our network engineers are aware of a current problem with our Broadband Phone system. The logged problem ID is 33886. This is effecting multiple users. When we have enough information service updates will be posted on our service status pages.......

Hope this info is useful.......Regards......

Noel
N/A

I also raised a ticket this afternoon, after the message on the phone whilst trying to call a UK Landline is to check the service status, but it isn't reporting a problem.

I listed all of the call types that I was trying, and the problem I was experiencing for each.

The reply was "We are aware of a problem with this service and as soon as we have an update it will be put on the service status."

My response to that "Would it surely not make more sense to update the Service Status to report the fact that you are aware of the problems (listing them, like I have) so that people don't have to contact support to report the problem?" and also suggested that the light for the Broadband Phone should be "red" (because if you can't make calls, it's not working)

At 5:16pm I got told "I have passed your request to our comms team, to have the service status updated asap."

So I'm hoping that any minute now the Service Status will be updated to acknowledge that there is a problem and to tell us, the customers, that it's being investigated by the engineers............. If not then I might as well request my MAC and go to someone who will use all reasonable skill and care of a competent Internet Service Provider instead.
fotobits
Rising Star

Eureka!

For the first time, this evening I rang a BT PSTN number using PlusTalk with my house 'phone and an ATA 1100 'phone adapter. I not only got a quick connection but I heard the calling-tone!

Terrific stuff!

Regards....Noel