cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions Please - www.rockreview.co.uk

LiamM
Grafter

Recently, a few people have posted in here to get opinons on their respective websites.

Well I thought, that perhaps I should have ago.

A friend and I started this site back in November 2002. We're 2 1/2 years old and we're getting just over 3,000 unique visitors daily. The success of the site has far surpassed the realms of our imagination, so much so that we're always being invited to gigs, festivals etc... We even get backstage passes etc... to Live 8... and Download Festival (this weekend... drools with excitement!)

But anyway.. What do you think of the design, structure, content, colours? Anything at all.

www.rockreview.co.uk
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

In general great site but I don't like the colours of the forums or photos section as I think that it's quite hard to distingquish between the colours used.
LiamM
Grafter

Cheers,

We're currently working on a new Forum Skin, and the Photo section is shortly going to be reworked, at the moment we're just using Coppermine.
N/A

Actually I quite like it...... it seems to work well at 1280x1024
N/A

The other half has just had a good browse (she's a bit of a rock chic :roll: )

She loves it, tho is disappointed at the line up for Leeds.

Good site Liam.
N/A

looks fine to me.
N/A

I like the look of the site... colours seem fine on my laptop at 1024x768 - though I would change the tag line on the user's photo gallery (Currently reads "This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users." probably need to change coppermine to RockReview Wink)

I've not registered so I've not checked it but are the logins for the coppermine gallery and the phpbb forums shared? If not I'd suggest looking on the coppermine website and integrate the login system...
holdtight
Grafter

Some of the colours i dont like but on the whole a great site, easy to navigate
good menus easy to find what your looking for

i agree with solstans about the tags in the photo gallery and im not keen on the way the image info is displayed on the mouse hover but hey just my opinion

overall better than a lot of pro sites that are around

Good stuff Liam keep it up !
LiamM
Grafter

Thanks for all the comments guys.

What colours are you not too sure about holdtight?

As I said above, we're currently working on an alternative photo gallery section. Any suggestions?
holdtight
Grafter

Hi Liam
I think its just one of those you cant please everyone things so is probably just me
but i wasnt keen on the photo section, overall the gallery is good with some great pics ( just dont like black backgrounds) and the colour of the forums was too much for me

great site though mate and the more ive been through it the better its got
LiamM
Grafter

Cheers...

The actual design is mainly down to my good mate Chris... Thanks for the comments. Agreed about the Gallery.

I suppose you won't have tried the Custom phpbb skin because you need to sign in to see it methinks.
holdtight
Grafter

Your right i havnt, just had a browse around

i will sign in and have a proper look and by the way i noticed earlier there was a
typo under one of your sponsored links it read "mak money" intead of "make"

i cant remember which one it was though, if i see it again ill let you know

Edited:
seen it again it was "Contextual Advertising"