Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnSpeed...??

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

OnSpeed...??

Anybody used this program?

You pay around £22 per month for a year's subscription and it's supposed to speed up not just dial up but broadband too, by some sort of compression system?

Opinions or experiences would be helpful to pass onto a friend who is considering it, although for me it sounds a bit dubious??

Thanks,
3 REPLIES
N/A

OnSpeed...??

It does work but its depends what you use the internet for as all it does is compress data. If you download a lot of jpg files it cant improve on the compression so it wouldn't make any improvements.

Download a lot of txt, html,mp3 and similar it can improve it.

So all in all its how much of each you downlaod most people I know who have used it say it has improved things.
grimme
Grafter

OnSpeed...??

I have used it for my personal broadband, dialup and 3g data card use (and when I was on Metronet it helped keep me close to the 400-odd mb limit on the 512 package)
It uses mainly image compression techniques to achieve the speed (you can adjust how compressed you want it to be) and on all my lower speed connections it seems to do it's job.

It does not like ADSL Max however (to be fair though - it does say on their website that it doesn't support speeds over 2mb).

HTH
N/A

OnSpeed...??

I used it when i had dial up but gave it up as i had trouble using it with sites like eBay.
but maybe that was just me?
Doesn't speed up downloading files just browsing