cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ISP not found

N/A

Old ISP not found

I have a small problem if anyone can help. I used Tiscali dialup before switching to Plusnet ADSL, the problem is that when I try to open Tiscali home page through broadband it's not there but is through dialup. Another problem is that I can pick my email's from tiscali but can't send through them unless again I use dialup(and it does not have to be Tiscali dialup connection).
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Old ISP not found

When connecting to the net via PlusNet (dialup or ADSL), you must use relay.plus.net as your SMTP server to send emails. If you are connected to the internet via another ISP, you must use their outgoing SMTP mail server. Some ISP's allow access to their SMTP servers when not connected through them butthe majority do not for security reasons - to stop it being used as an open reply for spam/virues.

What tiscali link can you not see? Please post it's URL so others can try.

Note: sometimes you get different pages if you are logged into their own network - i.e tiscali connected customers may get a different home page to those connected via other ISPs. Maybe this is what is happening when you are connected via PlusNet. BT Openworld do this.
N/A

Old ISP not found

The Tiscali link that I can't see is tiscali.co.uk, tiscali.com seems to work ok.
Community Veteran

Old ISP not found

Works fine for me. What exactly do you see/get when you try to access the URL?

Try clearing out your local browser cache and see if that helps.
N/A

Old ISP not found

Sorry cant tell you exactly i'm not at home at the moment but when I try to open tiscali.co.uk takes forever then says something like page can not be displayed.

But going back to my emails I have always been able to send through tiscali whether I'm connected to them or not. If I use plus.net dialup can send but as soon as I connect my ADSL it's as if tiscali doesn't exist.
Community Veteran

Old ISP not found

In that case maybe access is blocked by PlusNet or Tiscali to tiscali's SMTP server when your connected via PlusNet's ADSL Although I would expect the same thing to happen if you were using PlusNet dialup access.

Only option I can think of is raise a contact us ticket and explain what does and does not work regarding the outgoing email and ask for an explaination why dialup works and ADSL does not. There is a backlog of tickets so reply times are could be longer than expected at the moment.