cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O.E. Causing Disconnection

N/A

I'm having problems with Outlook Express. After connecting to the net via 56k dial up, I open Outlook Express to collect my mails. As soon as I click on "send and receive all" Outlook Express disconnects from the net, and the dial up box pops up. After re-connecting with this everything works OK. Any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance.
Regards, John Taylor.
EDIT - Sorry about this, I'm giving the wrong information. It does not disconnect when collecting emails, it disconnects as soon as I try to open any email. after reconnection everything is fine.
Regards, John Taylor.
3 REPLIES
N/A

In Tools, Accounts, Properties, Connection tab, have you got "Always connect to this account using" ticked for any account?
Community Veteran

Also in tools options / connection make sure you have not got hang up after sending and receiving ticked.
N/A

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've had one or two other problems to sort out .Thanks for the useful advice, it was set to disconnect after send and receive and there was dirt in the carburettor ( isn't there always ?). Sorted and many thanks.
Regards, John Taylor.