cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Mail Through Outlook Express

gilleyman
Dabbler

Over the last few days when trying to connect to my email through Outlook Express it just hangs and finaly gives this message.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Im using, mail.plus.net for pop3
and, relay.plus.net for smtp my user name and password are correct as up to a few days ago I could see my mail this way, now the only option open to me is to use webmail this works fine, I have also tried deleting the account and setting it up again, but this did not work, any help or anything else I could try would be most helpful.

Kind Regards Arthur.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

See this article from Microsoft which will explain some of the reasons for this error.

What AV software are you using?
gilleyman
Dabbler

Both Norton and AVG but have not got AVG checking email at all, have also tried re-installing Outlook Express usually I find once one thing goes wrong more follows so formatting is the only option left.

Regards Arthur
gilleyman
Dabbler

All Sorted

After unistalling AVG all is fine again, thanks for the help given.

Regards Arthur